Are you looking for a summer vacation that’s a little different from the usual beach vacation? White water rafting is an incredible experience that will make all your friends envious. It’s super exciting, and it’ll let you see some beautiful parts of the country from a whole new point of view, one where you’re not stuck in traffic on the highway or staring at your phone while navigating public transportation. Whether you’re heading out on an epic weekend road trip with your best friends or going solo because you need to reconnect with nature, white water rafting is definitely something to try! I’ve been doing it for years, and I still love it just as much as when I first started. So here are my top reasons why:
It’s not as dangerous as you think.
You might be wondering whether white water rafting is dangerous. The short answer is: no, not really. Many people imagine white water rafting as something that’s more dangerous than it is, due to the stories they’ve heard about people being injured or even dying during a trip. But these stories are often exaggerated or taken out of context, and should not be used as evidence for why you shouldn’t go on an adventure like this one! In reality, if you follow all of the precautions required by your guide and stick to the rules set by them (and other guides), then there’s nothing to worry about when it comes to getting injured or lost in nature during an excursion like this one. That being said…
There are still certain risks associated with white water rafting—like falling out of your boat or getting hurt on shore—but if you’re careful and follow instructions closely then these aren’t likely outcomes at all!
It’ll help you learn to relax a little.
Relaxation is a skill that can be learned. And it’s a skill you’ll want to be good at, because relaxation techniques can help you deal with stress, sleep better and feel more relaxed in general.
What’s more—relaxation techniques can also help you be more productive. Studies have shown that workers who incorporate time for relaxation into their schedules are less likely to make mistakes or have accidents on the job. They’re also more focused and alert when they do work; in fact, one study found that participants who practiced meditation before taking tests performed better than those who didn’t meditate!
You get to take home some amazing memories.
- You get to see the world. One of the things that makes white water rafting such a great experience is that you get to see parts of the world that most people never get to visit.
- You take home some amazing memories. I can’t tell you how many times my friends have asked me about my time rafting and how much fun they want to go on their own adventure.
- You’ll have plenty of photos and stories for your family and friends! This is especially true if you are going with a group or even a partner who goes out with other groups regularly, as they will be able to provide an insider’s perspective on what it all looks like from behind-the-scenes (which, let me tell you, makes for some pretty awesome stories).
It’s a great way to spend time with your friends and family.
White water rafting is a great way to spend time with your friends and family. You can do it alone, as a couple, or as part of a larger group. If you’re looking for an adventure that’s new but not too extreme (or if you just want to get some adult friends out of the house for the weekend), getting caught up in the thrill of white water rafting is one of the best ways to bond with your loved ones.
Whether you’re going on an overnight trip or just taking a day trip somewhere nearby—and whether you’re doing so with people who have known each other forever or brand-new acquaintances—white water rafting trips are always fun and exciting!
You don’t really need much gear to get started.
While white water rafting may seem like a sport that requires a lot of gear and expertise, you’re actually able to enjoy this activity without having much of either. You can rent or buy the necessary equipment from your local rafting company, or rent a tube or kayak if you want to try something different.
If you don’t feel like renting anything at all, there are some great places in New Hampshire where you can go kayaking on your own! Be sure to bring plenty of sunscreen and water—and if it’s really hot outside maybe even consider bringing an extra pair of clothes just in case.
It’s an adrenaline rush like no other!
White water rafting is an adrenaline rush like no other. It’s a fun, exciting experience that will get your heart pumping and leave you with a feeling of euphoria. But be careful when you’re white water rafting! There are some important things to remember before you hop in the boat:
- Make sure your life vest is secure and tight around your chest. You don’t want it to slide off if you fall or get hit by something!
- Pay attention to the river guide’s instructions at all times, especially if they say something like “hold on!” or “don’t panic!” These are important safety tips that could save your life!
- If your boat flips over while going down the river (this happens sometimes), don’t panic! Just hang onto whatever part of the boat landed on top of your head as it was flipped over—the steering wheel usually works well for this purpose—and wait until someone from another boat comes along and pulls you out of there with their rope attached between two boats called a tow line.
It’ll help you see nature from a whole new vantage point.
A white water rafting trip can take you to parts of nature that are often seen from afar. The river acts as a pathway for you to travel through the world, but it’s also more than just a path: it is your view. You’ll be able to see the wildlife up close, which includes everything from deer and foxes to bears and wolves; you’ll get an intimate look at natural beauty like cliffs rising above you while rapids surge below; and with the sun reflecting off the water around them, there’s no better way to see trees than by boat! You’ll even get access to an aerial perspective on things like rocks and birds or animals (or both).
It’s not just that this type of activity will help you see nature in ways most people don’t experience on their own—it’s also about how much fun these experiences are! White Water Rafting is one of those activities that make memories for years after they’re over because they’re so exciting.
And, finally, it’s so much FUN!
- It’s a great way to spend time with friends and family. As you can imagine, whitewater rafting offers something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for an exciting adventure that will leave you on the edge of your seat or something more relaxing for those who want to take in some spectacular scenery or take in some fresh air, there’s something for everyone with this activity.
- You get to see nature from a whole new vantage point. One of the best parts about white water rafting is how it allows its participants to appreciate nature from an entirely new perspective — one that they may not have experienced before! Whether you are out on the water or standing on land watching others go by (the latter option is often referred to as “staging”), there is no shortage of sights worth taking in: lush forests; wildlife ranging from squirrels and birds to bears and deer; beautiful sunsets…you name it!
- An adrenaline rush like no other.* The combination of excitement, fear, danger and exhilaration all rolled into one makes for an adrenaline rush like no other! With rapids throughout your entire trip down river depending on which company does them (some choose not do any at all) anyone who loves adventure should give this experience a try at least once before saying goodbye forever…or until next time anyway 🙂
So, what do you say? Are you ready to go on a white water rafting adventure this summer? We hope so! You won’t regret it. But, before you head out, just be sure to check the season for when to go rafting. (Most rivers have different levels of water flow depending on the time of year.) Also, don’t forget to bring your phone—or at least a camera—so that you can take lots of photos and videos for your friends back home!